Mr. Stone was a barber in Toledo, Ohio, for 14 years, and from 1959-1973 he served as director of the Andrew Barber College in Columbus, Ohio. He was president of the Ohio Barber Schools Assn. from 1964 to 1973 as well as an instructor and part owner of the Andrew Barber School in Columbus, Ohio. From 1964 to 1973, he was president of the Ohio Barber Schools Association, and in 1969 he served as president of the National Association of Barber Schools.
He purchased the Largo Barber College, in Florida, in 1975, and in the late 1970s he served as president of the Florida Barber Schools Association. He subsequently owned barber schools in Sarasota and Ft. Myers, and a cosmetology school in Ft. Myers. Mr. Stone also served as president of the National Association of Barber Schools, Inc., of Lincoln, Ncb. At that time, the Barber Hall of Fame was sponsored by that organization. He was inducted into the Barber Hall of Fame in 1991.